Updated on 03/26/2020, 1:40 PM EST
Approximately 400 associates work at the AmeriLife home office in Clearwater, and as of today, 100% of those who are able to work remote have transitioned to a work-from-home status. The company made the decision to activate remote work capabilities at its home office to support social distancing practices, which are a proven way to reduce the risk of infection from the coronavirus. There should be few, if any, disruptions to business operations.
The company is carefully monitoring the coronavirus pandemic and is enacting other office closures based on local circumstances, though it is important to note that AmeriLife provides essential business support to the community.
Guidelines for associates who are working at offices that remain open:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Wash your hands after touching frequently touched surfaces, such as elevator buttons, breakroom surfaces and restroom counters, door handles, etc.
- Practice social distancing measures
- Keep six-feet between yourself and others (this includes when riding the elevator or in the restroom)
- Conduct business through email, over the phone or by teleconferencing when possible
Home Office Building Access
There is a small group of associates who are working at the home office to ensure all essential business operations continue.
- The home office is open; however, the company has enacted limited hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The front door will remain locked and only those with pre-authorized permission will be provided entry; security is stationed in the lobby
- Security has a list of individuals who have authorization to enter the building
- Contact your department head if you have questions or concerns, or need access to the building
- Authorization for a person to enter the building must be pre-approved by a department head, who will notify Nathan Hightower and the HR Department in advance of the individual’s arrival at the building
- The person seeking access to the building must be on security’s approved list or will be refused access
Home Office Mail Functions
- The home office continues to receive mail on a daily basis.
- All critical mail is being opened, scanned and routed to the appropriate person or department
- Invoices received in the mail are being sent directly to the Accounts Payable team, who will route to the appropriate person for payment approval.
- Contact your department head if you have questions or concerns regarding mail deliveries. Department heads will coordinate your questions and/or concerns with the Business Continuity Planning team as necessary.
AmeriLife leadership is exceptionally proud of the ways associates are responding to the measures the company has needed to take to keep everyone safe during this global health crisis.
The company continues to operate and is using its resources to ensure our mission to provide peace of mind drives our operations.
Thank you for supporting the company’s efforts.
As a reminder, past notices, resources and associate FAQs are available at www.amerilifenew.staging.wpengine.com/411.
Clicking third-party links will open a new tab and will take you away from AmeriLife.com. AmeriLife does not control the linked sites’ content or link.