Updated on 05/06/2020, 9:00 AM EST
The AmeriLife executive team wants to once again thank you for your flexibility and cooperation as the company quickly transitioned a majority of the home office staff to a work-from-home status in March. These efforts were a part of the company’s response to the coronavirus pandemic and supported social distancing measures to slow the spread of the disease.
With state and local governments re-opening portions of the economy, AmeriLife has developed plans to bring associates back to the home office with a phased approach.
Distribution affiliates working from AmeriLife Place (Career Agency Field Offices, AMG, AmeriLife Direct, Network and Grupo) will return to work beginning on Monday, May 11. Managers / Principals will follow-up accordingly this week with additional details.
The Career Agency staff at the home office will return to work beginning on Monday, May 18.
Home Office Staff Return-to-Work Plans
The week of Tuesday, May 26
The week starting Tuesday, May 26, managers and supervisors will return to AmeriLife Place (the Tuesday after Memorial Day). They will help assess their teams’ areas to determine if workstations need to be rearranged to meet social distancing guidelines. Managers are also assessing their workforce to identify roles and associates who may remain on a work-from-home status.
The week of Monday, June 1
25% of the home office staff will return to work at AmeriLife Place. Managers and supervisors will notify the associates required to return to work this week by no later than May 18.
The week of Monday, June 8
Another 25% of the home office staff will return to work at AmeriLife Place. Managers and supervisors will notify the associates required to return to work this week by no later than May 26.
The week of Monday, June 15
Another 25% of the home office staff will return to work at AmeriLife Place. Managers and supervisors will notify the associates required to return to work this week by no later than June 1.
The week of Monday, June 22
The final 25% of the home office staff will return to work at AmeriLife Place. Managers and supervisors will notify the associates required to return to work this week by no later than June 8.
Precautions for at-risk individuals
AmeriLife is taking additional precautions for at-risk individuals and making exceptions to the return-to-work plans for associates with underlying medical conditions, such as chronic lung disease or serious heart conditions.
Associates with childcare challenges
Recognizing that schools and childcare providers may be closed in response to the pandemic, the company will do its best to accommodate associates with childcare challenges.
Associates should contact their supervisors if they fall into an at-risk category, or if they have childcare challenges. Additional details will follow within the next week with options for individuals fitting these categories.
Your Safety is Our Highest Priority
The safety of associates is the highest priority at AmeriLife, and any plans being developed include taking into account local and state regulations, at-risk individuals and social distancing guidelines.
Click here for an initial list of Frequently Asked Questions. This will also be available on www.AmeriLife.com/411 and be updated as we work through our return-to-the-office transition. Additional home office procedure guidelines will be shared as well.
In the interim, below are some of the changes associates will encounter when they come back to the office:
- Associates will be provided a mask to wear for their temperature check upon entry into AmeriLife Place. You can wear your own mask should you choose. Associates are encouraged to wear masks; it is particularly recommended that masks be worn when associates are walking the halls or visiting restrooms, break rooms, in the elevator or stairwells, or considering other common areas.
- All associates will have their temperatures taken when entering the building each morning.
- The Northside entrance will be opened for associates to use the staircase to the second and third floors. A temperature-check station will also be in place at that entrance. The Southside door will remain closed for entering at this time.
- Associates are required to sanitize their hands after entering the building.
- Pencils for each employee will be available to push the elevator call and floor buttons, printers, desk phones, etc.
- Elevators will be marked for standing locations to ensure social distancing.
- Associates are expected to practice social distancing measures while in the office.
- Doors not required to be closed will be propped open.
- Breakrooms will be configured for social distancing by removing tables and chairs to create a six-foot distance between associates.
- Conference room chairs will be reduced to promote social distancing.
- Employees will be encouraged to use the telephone and leverage technology for meetings whenever possible.
PLEASE NOTE: AmeriLife’s return-to-work plans are subject to federal, state and local regulations and will be adjusted if situations change. In the meantime, please make it a point to review any communications from the company and your supervisor so you are aware of details on transitioning back to work. Additional guidelines and protocols will be communicated in preparation for our return-to-the-office.
Please contact your supervisor for any questions about the process for returning to work.
Clicking third-party links will open a new tab and will take you away from AmeriLife.com. AmeriLife does not control the linked sites’ content or link.