Updated on 06/23/2020, 4:50 PM EST
This communication is directed to associates at AmeriLife Place working in support roles and is not for associates at AMG, Network, Grupo, Midwestern Marketing and ALD.
Information for AmeriLife Place Support Staff
With an abundance of precaution and in order to be proactive based on the rising number of cases in our local area, AmeriLife has made the decision to provide AmeriLife Place home office employees with the opportunity to work-from-home, provided their job function allows it and their manager approves.
Please understand that associates are not required to work remotely. This work-from-home opportunity will allow us to keep our building capacity as low as possible as we strive to do our part to minimize any risk of exposure to the coronavirus. This action will also provide the opportunity to further distance members of our Distribution team and employees who are unable or not approved to perform their functions in a work-from-home capacity.
Employees choosing to work remotely (subject to manager approval):
- Coordinate your plans with your manager/supervisor regarding your transition to the work-from-home status
- Department heads, in conjunction with our business continuity planning team, IT and HR, will coordinate your transition timeline
- Employees choosing to work from home should plan to remain on work-from-home status until leadership determines a return-to-work schedule – employees will NOT be permitted access to the building or to change their status based on a change in preference
- To allow sufficient social distancing between workstations, other employees may be temporarily moved into vacant workstations
- Employees choosing to work remotely are asked to take home all their personal items when leaving AmeriLife Place
Employees transitioning to work-from-home and requiring assistance with equipment:
- Accommodations will be made as quickly as possible and in an orderly fashion
- Transition to work-from-home status will occur no later than Friday, June 26.
- A copy of instructions for remotely setting up your desktop computer is attached for easy reference
- Employees not requiring assistance with their equipment may take it home at the end of the day today (your normal departure time) with manager approval
Employees continuing to work in the office:
Associates may still continue to work in the office, noting that the same protocols that we have followed over the last several weeks will continue to be enforced for those in the office, including:
- Daily temperature screenings
- Daily COVID exposure questions
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of common areas
- Masks required when you are not at your desk / in your office
- Social distancing
If you choose to continue working in the office, or if your position will not allow you to work remotely, your manager/supervisor will coordinate with you accordingly. Starting Monday, June 29, Building Security will have a list identifying these individuals as the only individuals permitted to access the building.
Reminders about working from home:
As a reminder, employees have defined responsibilities when working from home:
- Hourly employees are required to clock-in and clock-out in Workday (IP restrictions have been removed, allowing employees to use this function in a work-from-home environment)
- Employees are required to work their normal schedules
- Employees must be readily available to support company business needs while working remotely
- Employees are required to check in regularly with their managers to ensure accountability in meeting business needs – please coordinate with your manager accordingly
As this is a fluid situation, leadership has not yet determined a return date for associates. We are projecting our home office support staff will be primarily working remotely for the next several weeks, potentially through the end of August. Our executive leadership and business continuity teams continue to monitor this situation and will provide updates as they become available.
Thank you for your continued flexibility as we face the challenges of managing the issues associated with COVID-19 together.
Please contact your manager/supervisor with any questions about the transition to work-from-home status for support staff working at AmeriLife Place.
Clicking third-party links will open a new tab and will take you away from AmeriLife.com. AmeriLife does not control the linked sites’ content or link.