Updated on 03/10/2020, 2:25 PM EST
The health and safety of our associates and their loved ones is the highest priority at AmeriLife. The company’s Disaster Response Team is monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and will institute emergency planning measures if warranted.
While there is currently no vaccine to prevent the coronavirus, healthcare professionals are working to develop one. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has developed evidence-based recommendations to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, which includes the coronavirus.
CDC Preventative Recommendations
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds after using the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Click here for more information on CDC handwashing techniques.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces with regular household cleaning sprays or wipes.
CDC Facemask Recommendations
- People who are well do not need to wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including the coronavirus.
- People who show symptoms of coronavirus should use facemasks to prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- Healthcare workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings should wear facemasks.
Click here for the latest information from the CDC on the coronavirus.
Clicking third-party links will open a new tab and will take you away from AmeriLife.com. AmeriLife does not control the linked sites’ content or link.