Updated on 03/13/2020, 4:30 PM EST
With the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the globe, AmeriLife wants to reassure that the safety of our agents, employees, clients and business partners remains our highest priority.
We continue to monitor this ever-changing situation in coordination with the AmeriLife Business Continuity and Disaster Response Team, implementing changes to the way we do business and taking necessary precautions in response to this outbreak.
Actions taken to support our Career Agents include:
- Agents who are sick are asked not to report to work or meet with clients
- Agents are asked to follow best practices for personal hygiene, including frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer
- It is strongly recommended that agents who have travelled outside the continental United States or have come in contact / visited a place with a confirmed case of the virus to self-quarantine for 14 days prior to returning to work – business may still be conducted via phone or online
- Agents are encouraged to pursue new ways of contacting prospects and clients to support social distancing practices, including conducting reviews or educating consumers on ways to address their concerns via the phone or video conferencing technology, as opposed to face-to-face
- Agents have been provided with technology solutions to adapt to the concerns of holding face-to-face seminars (Zoom technology for an online meeting and call-in options for seminars with potential gift card incentives); disinfecting the space, promoting hand sanitizers, and refusing individuals who may be sick should be considered if conducting a live seminar
AmeriLife is committed to supporting our agents through this outbreak, and will continue to educate on new ways to do business, particularly leveraging technology and the telephone, to adapt to the concerns of consumers and risk of spreading of the disease.
In the meantime, please remember the actions you can take to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus and other illnesses.
Click here for additional information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The latest information on any company news on the coronavirus is available at https://amerilife.com/411, as well as via the alert at the top of your screen when you are logged in to your Agent Dashboard.
Our disaster recovery hotline will be updated in the event of any office closures, and can be reached toll-free at 844-212-0476.
Clicking third-party links will open a new tab and will take you away from AmeriLife.com. AmeriLife does not control the linked sites’ content or link.