Updated on 05/26/2021, 10:30 AM EST
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently announced new mask guidelines in response to the number of Americans who have received COVID-19 vaccinations.
We understand that AmeriLife employees are questioning the need to continue wearing masks at work after they have been vaccinated.
Leadership is reviewing our COVID protocols and will update employees on any changes to our policies.
COVID Protocols for AmeriLife Employees
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, AmeriLife employees (vaccinated and unvaccinated) are still expected to continue to adhere to the following company protocols when at an AmeriLife office:
- Wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth
- Practice social distancing by keeping six feet between themselves and others
- Frequently wash their hands with soap and water; use 60% alcohol hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
Fully Vaccinated Employees Who are Exposed to COVID-19:
The CDC has announced new guidelines for fully vaccinated people who are exposed to COVID but do not exhibit any COVID-like symptoms:
- No need to quarantine or isolate after exposure
- No need to be restricted from work after exposure
- No need to be tested after exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- Continue to self-monitor for COVID symptoms for 14 days and self-isolate/get tested if symptoms appear
Click here for more details from the CDC for fully vaccinated people who are exposed to COVID-19.
When Is a Person Fully Vaccinated?
According to the CDC, people are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two (2) weeks after they receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or two (2) weeks after they receive a signal-dose vaccine.
Unvaccinated Employees Who are Exposed to/Diagnosed with COVID-19
AmeriLife has established the following protocols for unvaccinated employees who are exposed to COVID-19 and not showing symptoms, which follow CDC guidelines:
- Contact your manager
- Self-monitor for 14 days after contact with the person who has COVID-19
- Watch for fever (100.4°F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms
- Isolate from others if experiencing symptoms, especially from those at a higher risk for severe symptoms from COVID-19
- Unvaccinated employees who have been exposed to COVID-19 can return to work under these conditions:
- After day 7 after receiving negative COVID test results (test must occur on day 5 or later)
- After day 10 without testing and not experiencing symptoms
Click here for CDC quarantining guidelines.
Returning to Work after a COVID-19 Diagnosis
Under new CDC guidelines, vaccinated and unvaccinated persons diagnosed with COVID-19 can discontinue isolation under the following conditions:
- At least 10 days have passed since the onset of symptoms AND
- At least 24 hours have passed since the resolution of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications AND
- Other symptoms have improved
Click here for more details on the CDC guidelines for discontinuing isolation after a COVID diagnosis.
Again, all employees are required to wear face coverings and practice social distancing measures when in an AmeriLife office.
Please contact HR@AmeriLife.com if you have any questions about the company’s
Clicking third-party links will open a new tab and will take you away from AmeriLife.com. AmeriLife does not control the linked sites’ content or link.