The novel coronavirus emerged in late 2019, and as of yet, the medical community doesn’t have all the answers about the COVID-19 disease.
According to the Sleep Foundation, the pandemic has generated sleep issues for many people, even if they previously didn’t have problems sleeping.
Coronavirus Response: CDC Adds 6 New COVID-19 Symptoms; Experts Answer Questions about the Coronavirus
Even though some locations around the country are starting to relax their guidelines in response to the coronavirus pandemic, please remember the best practices to reduce the chance of spreading the virus. Click here for more information.
The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically changed our lives. Children look to adults for guidance on how to deal with change and stressful events.
Have you noticed that your computer is running slower at home? How is your household filling up their quarantining free time?
Coronavirus Response: Paycheck Review Deadline; AmeriLife Travel Ban Extension; How to Properly Wear a Face Covering
The AmeriLife Business Continuity Planning Team continues to monitor the situation & The CDC recommends people continue to wear face coverings in public.
Coronavirus Prevention Guidelines & Online Resources
Click here for the latest information from the CDC about the Coronavirus.
Agents and associates needing IT assistance should call the AmeriLife IT Department at 855-277-1572. As a reminder, IT support will not be available if the home office is closed.
CDC Prevention Guidelines
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth, with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched items and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- Stay informed. To learn more about the coronavirus, visit the CDC’s FAQ page. Visit the U.S. Food & Drug Administration to learn about the development and approval of treatments for coronavirus.
Coronavirus Online Resources
- Pinellas County, FL Mask Mandate
- Hillsborough County, FL Mask Mandate
- Pasco County, FL Mask Mandate
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC COVID-19 Hotspot Map
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Map
- United States Food & Drug Administration
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus?
- United State Department of Labor | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Express Scripts COVID-19 Updates
Clicking third-party links will open a new tab and will take you away from AmeriLife.com. AmeriLife does not control the linked sites’ content or link.