Your health is very important to us
Coronavirus Outbreak – The coronavirus (COVID-19) is a worldwide health pandemic and is especially dangerous for older adults and people with chronic medical conditions, such as heart, lung or kidney diseases.
The AmeriLife mission is to offer insurance and retirement solutions to provide peace of mind and help people live longer, healthier lives. With all of the current headlines regarding the coronavirus, it is normal to worry about your loved ones.
There, you’ll find detailed instructions you can use when out in the community, and you’ll find the latest, COVID-19 updates and links to other information sources. You can even sign up at the site to receive email updates. The more you understand about COVID-19, the more empowered you will be to take appropriate action.
Follow these guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth, with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched items and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- Stay informed. To learn more about the coronavirus, visit the CDC’s FAQ page. Visit the U.S. Food & Drug Administration to learn about the development and approval of treatments for coronavirus.
Beware of Scams
The FTC is warning consumers to beware of potential Coronavirus scams.
There are websites selling bogus products, and using fake emails, texts and social media posts as a ruse to take victims’ money and personal information.
Here are some tips to help avoid a scam:
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Controls and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying they have information about the virus. Visit the CDC directly for up-to-date information at www.CDC.gov.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations.
- At this time, there is no vaccination to prevent the coronavirus.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations, whether through charities or crowdfunding sites.
- Be alert to “investment opportunities.” The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is warning people about online promotions, including on social media, claiming that the products or services of publicly-traded companies can prevent, detect, or cure coronavirus and that the stock of these companies will dramatically increase in value as a result.
AmeriLife wants Medicare beneficiaries to know the precautions they can take to help prevent COVID-19.
What Does Medicare Cover?
With the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19), beneficiaries may be concerned about what Medicare covers in situations like this. Below is a synopsis of coverage.
Please go to https://www.medicare.gov/medicare-coronavirus for detailed information.
- Lab test for COVID-19. Medicare beneficiaries pay no out-of-pocket costs.
- All medically necessary hospitalizations.
- At this time, there is no vaccine for COVID-19. However, if one becomes available, it will be covered by all Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (Part D).
- Beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Advantage Plans have access to thesame benefits.
- Many Medicare Advantage plans offer additional telehealth benefits and cover “virtual check-ins” to connect beneficiaries with their doctor over the phone, by video or through an online patient portal.
- Beneficiaries concerned about illnesses and are potentially contagious can remain at home and avoid exposure to others.
AmeriLife is Here to Help
Remember, AmeriLife is here for you. We’re always here to address your concerns and answer your questions.
Please call your local representative or reach us Toll-Free: (800) 458-7112
It is natural to worry, not only about your loved ones, but also about your retirement investments. It is doubly important to provide calm and thoughtful advice in these times that demonstrate the value of a relationship with a strong and experienced financial partner.
At AmeriLife, we’d like you to know that:
- We’ve seen a lot of market turmoil in our nearly 50 years of serving clients. In times like these, it usually pays off to turn off the short-term noise, and have a longer-term perspective about your retirement income and the best course of action.
- If you have invested in either a fixed annuity or a fixed indexed annuity through AmeriLife, your principal invested in these annuities is secure. These products are specifically protected – by the underwriting insurance company – from stock market fluctuations.
- If you have purchased a Medicare product or final expense policy through AmeriLife, your product – and its benefits – are backed by the financial strength of your insurance company and are regulated by each state’s Department of Insurance or the Federal Government.
Coronavirus Online Resources
- Pinellas County, FL Mask Mandate
- Hillsborough County, FL Mask Mandate
- Pasco County, FL Mask Mandate
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Map
- United States Food & Drug Administration
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus?
- United State Department of Labor | Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Clicking third-party links will open a new tab and will take you away from AmeriLife.com. AmeriLife does not control the linked sites’ content or link.